Are you looking for a meaningful position where your ideas are valued? Carnahan Group may be a great fit for you! Ranked as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work, CG offers a wide range of growth and opportunities. We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant who will manage all general accounting activities including maintenance of accounting systems and standards and delivery of key financial management reports.
Prepare and oversee all accounting activities performed by contracted bookkeepers and/or internal accounting staff, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Implement and monitor a system of internal controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Oversee the monthly closing process to include account reconciliation preparation, bank reconciliation review, and analytical review of account activity.
- Recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Prepare daily cash metrics and forecasting that includes cash forecasting.
- Oversee accounts receivable from the initiation of invoices to the application of payments.
- Monitor customer AR balances to ensure accounts are not delinquent.
- Manage the procurement process from requisition to accounts payable. Ensure all invoices are properly approved and coded correctly.
- Report bi-monthly payroll to third-party provider.
- Responsible for all aspects of project accounting maintained in QuickBooks. Ensure that all revenues and costs are tracked, as well as provide reports to directors.
- Assist with tax preparation. Liaise with external CPA.
- Produce the annual budget and forecasts for management.
- Prepare budget to actual comparisons on a regular basis and report significant variances to management. Update budgets on a regular basis.
- Provide financial analysis with emphasis on capital, pricing and contract decisions.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in QuickBooks with the ability to quickly comprehend other accounting and finance software.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience with no less than 2 years supervisory responsibilities required.
- Certified Public Accountant (or CPA eligible) or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.